Monday, December 9, 2013

monday menu

I really like planning nutritious, exciting menus for my family. I love searching for tantalizing recipes and organizing them into weeks of delicious meals. I like trying new recipes and remaking old favorites. And I really like how planning our dinners ahead of time saves me time, money, and sanity during the week. However, my life is a little bit like living in a three ring circus on a merry-go-round right now, and menu planning was falling through the cracks. I found myself making more emergency trips to the grocery store and takeout restaurants, stressed at the end of the day because I had no meat thawed, scrambling to create a back-up plan on the go.

Enter emeals. *cue trumpet fanfare*
I was skeptical when I first heard of emeals, but after hearing glowing reports from multiple friends, I decided to give it a try. I've been using it for about a month now, and I'm happy to report that while it's not a perfect solution (I have to do a fair amount of tweaking to make the meal plans work with the produce we get in our Bountiful Basket, and some weeks they go overboard on the cumin love) it has dramatically reduced my stress and our eating out.

We are using the clean eating plan, but there are 13 different plans (plus breakfast, lunch, and dessert add-on plans) to accommodate a wide variety of eating habits. Every week I receive an email containing that week's menu. The recipes are simple, quick, and tasty (even my picky tw0-year-old has been asking for seconds!). I love how the recipes are clearly labeled by category (slow cooker, marinate ahead, super-fast, etc.) to make planning the week even simpler, and they even include a shopping list of the weeks' ingredients! Emeals has a simple, well planned system that is making my life a lot easier. I would heartily recommend their service.

(And just so you know, Groupon is offering a voucher for a 12 month emeals subscription for $29 instead of the usual $58--that's 50% off!)

Disclaimer: If you sign up for emeals using one of the links above, I will receive an extra month of meal plans for free. (YAY! If you do decide to go for it, please use one of my links.) Bountiful Baskets and Groupon have no idea who I am and are giving me nothing for mentioning them; I just think their products are great and want to share with you. And of course, the opinions stated in this post are my own. No one is twisting my arm to say untrue nice things about them.

6 comments:

Raise Them Up said...

Ug. I have been horrible lately about planning meals. WAY too often, my guys munch on cereal while I stand at the open freezer trying to decide what's quick and easy. I'm hoping having Mom here will nudge me into planning more.

Anyway...on another note...you won my giveaway for the dvd! If you could email me your address today, I'll get it to the sponsor before I leave for Pa. That way you are more likely to get it before Christmas.

Have a great day!

hatingclutter said...

I joined emeals in October using the Groupon and have greatly enjoyed it. We have found some new favorite recipes, I am less stressed, and we don't get in an unhealthy rut.

larissa said...

Sounds like something I should look into. I can't follow a recipe if my life depended on it but having a ready meal plan would be great - I could just make food that's sorta like the recipe using what I have!?

Best to you and your beautiful family! Larissa

Jen Price said...

I have never heard of emeals. So interesting!

Christina @ Sweet Peas Kitchen said...

I love sitting down on Sunday morning and planning out our menu for the week. I like knowing exactly what we are going to have each day and that I only go to the store once a week. :)

Laura Railing said...

I have heard a lot of praise for eMeals! I will have to try it sometime. I am stoked that we have a local version of Bountiful Baskets that I just signed up for this summer and fall. I'm not very adventurous with cooking so it will be good for me!