Monday, April 1, 2013

new fingerless gloves

As of very recently, we have a yarn shop in town!
In a town of 5,000 or so, this is a big deal.
(We also have two grocery stores now.
Woohoo! Things are hoppin' around here!)
Anyway.  I digress.



It is so nice to be able to go to a physical store,
to feast my eyes and fingers on the pretty yarns' colors and textures
and to chat with the ladies who gather there to knit and socialize.
(They all seem to think that I'm a sweet, adorable young thing
and are all excited that I value things like knitting.)



Even though the prices were somewhat higher at our new yarn store
than they might be in a bigger city,
I picked up a skein of pretty variegated yarn
to feed my fingerless glove addiction.


This time I wanted a simple pattern
that would really showcase my pretty yarn,
so I chose the Good Time Fingerless Mitts pattern.
It was a good choice.
The pattern was well written,
and the proportions are just perfect for my hands.
I love my new fingerless gloves.

And Sweet Pea does too. : )

1 comment:

Tammie said...

They are lovely! And the shop is such a gift to our community!