Thursday, December 6, 2012

Sweet Pea's flower hat

Okay, I am not planning on turning this into a knitting blog.  That said, though, you'll probably be seeing quite a few knitting projects around here.  I'm so excited to be rediscovering and becoming more skilled at an old favorite craft!  Plus knitting is just such a perfect, cozy activity for long winter evenings, and its portability and sedentary-ness caters to my current beached whale stage of pregnancy. : )

I was so pleased with how the flower-embroidered baby girl hat turned out, that I thought I'd do something similar for Sweet Pea.  I used a different pattern for larger needles and some bulky yarn that my mom shared with me.  The hat turn out soft, fluffy, and warm, but it's still quite a bit too big for her. (Good thing there's always next year).  Plus the bulky yarn flowers just didn't turn out as well as the smooth yarn ones on the other hat (I'm not quite sure of the proper terminology yet).

I'm moderately pleased with how it turned out.  It's not a failure, but it's still not quite what I had envisioned.  I definitely was not discouraged enough to stop knitting!

2 comments:

Tammie said...

oh, i love this hat!

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

It is adorable! Do we get to see it on the sweet model?! ;)