Friday, November 30, 2012

for Baby

I feel so unprepared for this baby.
The months are just passing by in a blur, though,
and ready or not, he/she will probably be arriving within a month!

I did find a sweet gender neutral sleeper
for him/her to wear home from the hospital.
(I love the tiny chocolate brown giraffe print!),
and I made coordinating boy and girl option hats to go with it
from some leftover bits of soft yarn in my stash.

The boy hat was my first ever attempt
at using double pointed knitting needles
and knitting in the round.
I'm so very proud of how it turned out.
The chocolate brown and green stripes
make me think of an Andes mint.
Mmm...


I had to get creative when it came time to embellish the girl hat.
I didn't have enough pink yarn to crochet a flower for it,
so I embroidered a trio of sweet flowers
and added a few beads for sparkle.

I have boy and girl baby quilt options
made up and tucked away for the baby too.
They even coordinate with the hat and coming-home-sleeper colors!
Come to think of it,
maybe I'm not as unprepared as I feel...

P.S. This is the pattern I used for the little hats.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Lovely!! I knew you'd knit pure cuteness!! :) And wow - less than a month left?!

Tammie said...

they are so cute! i can hardly wait. . .