Wednesday, December 14, 2011

handmade Christmas 2011

Benjamin's oldest brother and his wife are expecting a little boy who is due to arrive in April. We are so happy for them. Of course I had to make a baby blanket for the new little nephew (my first nephew!), and sending it at Christmas time along with their other gifts just seemed like the logical thing to do.

Brother loved the quilt and helped me pin it together.
It took a bit of convincing before he understood
that this blanket was for his new cousin
and not for him.

As I worked on this quilt,
the bright colors, simple geometric shapes, and transportation prints
made me think of one of my boys' favorite board books:

So of course I had to get a copy
so that their cousin
can enjoy it
too.

4 comments:

Tammie said...

:) this post makes me happy.

Debi said...

The quilt is beautiful. I love the bright colors... perfect for a little boy!

stitching under oaks said...

love the aerial photo....the quilt is wonderful and so special since your little man helped out. What a wonderful gift!

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

I agree the quilt is beautiful! What a great gift!