Tuesday, August 9, 2011

welcome, little one

We were thrilled to welcome Sweet Pea into the world on Sunday, August 7, 2011 at 3:45 a.m. after what was my quickest and least difficult labor yet! I'm still finding more new reasons for thanksgiving as I review the event in my memory.

She weighed 7 pounds 12 ounces and was 20 1/4 inches long.

We are all charmed and find her adorably delightful.

Little Man says:
"I'm glad I have a sister!"
"I love my sister, [Sweet Pea]"
"Look at her tiny toes!" (or nose, or fingernails...)
"Please may I hold my sister?"

Brother says:
"Touch! "Touch it!"
(He's still getting a grasp on pronouns.)
"She's movin'!"
"Pet head!"
"Hi! Hi! Hi!"

Since arriving home yesterday morning, we have been enjoying quiet time together as a family of five, beginning to become accustomed to a new way of life, and looking forward to the adventures ahead.

6 comments:

The Imperfect Sojourner said...

Congratulations. She is beautiful - well done! You all look positively charmed by her :) x

stitching under oaks said...

Congratulations!!! She is beautiful. I love the shots of her in everyones arms...I imagine that's where she'll be spend a lot of time....wrapped up in love. So happy for you and your family.

keri beth said...

She is precious, congratulations!!

Debi said...

Welcome to the world Sweet Pea! Congratulations, Mom, Dad, Brother and Little Man... she is beautiful... you have a beautiful family.

Ellen said...

Just stumbled upon your post from stitching under oaks. Congratulations on your new little one. She's beautiful. God has blessed you thrice!

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

Congratulations! She is just precious. I love the moment captured of her with her brothers! Beautiful!