Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Delayed Project Spring Clean: Boys' Room

Project Spring Clean went by the wayside after I was unwell for about a month and had a couple more months full of extenuating circumstances. By that time we were in the middle of remodeling the kitchen and it was pointless to try to clean because of the construction dust. However, I'm finally picking up this loose life-thread and continuing on with a much delayed Project Spring Clean.

Last week I tackled the boys' room. Little Man had been sleeping in the living room since sharing a room with an infant who woke up three times a night just wasn't working for him. The boys' sleep schedules are getting closer and closer to being the same, though, so it was time for him to move back.

Both boys have recently changed clothes sizes, so the clothes were already organized. All I had to do was a bit of dusting, hanging up already clean curtains (I should have ironed them too, but I was lazy), and rearranging the toys and beds.

No matter how many time I rearrange (which is frequently--the boys' room is the most rearranged room in the entire house) or how many clever new storage solutions I come up with, their room always seems so cluttered and shouts with a cacophony of colors. I think it's about as good as it's ever going to get right now, though, so I'm going to be content.

(Little Man was such a good help with lining up the shoes and picking up and sorting toys while I was cleaning their room. He's becoming such a good big boy helper!)

1 comment:

stitching under oaks said...

doesn't it feel great to get that done. I think i go through my little guys room more than any other room in the house....he's such a keeper and I'm working on helping him let things go. their room is so cozy looking. i love the quilt on the toddler bed.