Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Refashion

(Please excuse the heinous photo quality; this was the first set timer-run-and-pose photos I've taken of myself with the new camera, and I didn't have the time to make sure my set up was ideal.)

A while ago (I can't remember if it was one or two weeks ago; vacation has a way of messing with your sense of time) I did a simple refashion that I thought I'd share. A while ago, I found a long sleeved chocolate brown shirt made of the lightest cotton weave at a local thrift store. Since it was a good brand, in good shape, and a good price, I went ahead and bought it even though it wasn't exactly my size. I wore it a few times and liked it fairly well but decided I could make it better.

It was a very simple modification. I simply cut off the sleeves, ran a seam 1/4 inch above the bottom of the new, short sleeves, and let them fray a little. (The bottom hem of the shirt is like that; it's a fun, relaxed style.) I also took in the sides a little bit so that it fits better, but that's it! I love it's new look.

Little Man loved playing with the long sleeve pieces that I had cut off. He seemed to think they'd make great leg warmers.

No comments: