Monday, June 14, 2010

Monday Menu

[green beans and chicken]

Good morning! I am happy to be off on another week and am excited about the summery weather we are finally getting. The only problem is that I'm way better about menu-planning for wintry weather. For some reason nothing sounds good in the warmer weather and I just can't seem to think of foods that won't make my house toasty hot as I'm cooking them. Oh, and our grill is broken, so I can't even lean on grilling like I usually do. Do you have any summery-food ideas to share? Please tell me about them in the comment section! I would love some fresh ideas.

Here is what I'll be planning on making this week:
M-Bagel sandwiches and fruit
T-Hamburgers (I'm going to try cooking them in the oven like Benjamin suggested since I have no grill) and salad
W-Tacos
Th-Home group (I have the week off of meal rotation)
F-Pancakes, omelets, and fruit

What are you making this week?

5 comments:

Shelly said...

I was going to suggest grilling till I saw your grill is broken. We do lots of grilling in the summer. In TX you gotta do all you can to keep heat out of the house! You can always do sub sandwiches. My in-laws do that a lot. Just get a variety of deli meats & cheeses. If you have a toaster oven you can toast them without heating the house. That's all I can think of on the top of my head.

schullerfamily said...

You may want to change your Friday meal. I am making pancakes and eggs for home group Thursday. :) Sorry, didn't know!
P.S. you could build a fire pit and cook over an open flame! HA

stitching under oaks said...

I love pancakes for dinner! looks like a great week of eating to me.

Laura Railing said...

The broken grill reminds me of an $88 grill we saw at Walmart tonight. They had a sticker on it advertising their 12 month financing! Made me laugh. You'd probably almost pay more interest than the product!

As for food ideas: pre cooked chicken pieces in salad. Oooh I just found this salad idea: pizza salad: http://familyfun.go.com/summer/summer-recipes/summer-salads/pizza-salad-688845 mmm!

Do you have an outlet outside? And an electric griddle? You could cook outside that way! lol.

Anonymous said...

Our grill is fixed... =D