Monday, November 2, 2009

quite possibly the easiest peanut butter cookie recipe ever

I do not like peanut butter. I just don't. It sticks in my mouth in the most annoying way, and the taste isn't good enough for me to overcome the annoyance. However, every once in a while I have a craving for some warm peanut butter cookies with melty chocolate. These are quick and easy to make and always do the trick for me when I'm in that rare mood.


Easy Peanut Butter Cookies

1 cup peanut butter
1 egg
1 cup sugar
(chocolate kisses, swirls, 1/2 cup mini-chocolate chips, or 1/2 cup regular chocolate chips)

~Mix the peanut butter, egg, and sugar until they are very well combined.
~If you are using chocolate chips for mini-chocolate chips, mix them in too. If not, move on to the next step.
~Form the dough into 1 1/2 inch balls (about 2 tablespoons), and place them on an ungreased cookie sheet. If they have chocolate chips in them, flatten them slightly. If not, press the chocolate kisses or swirls onto their tops, flattening them a little bit.
~Bake in a 350 degree oven for ten minutes.
~Take them out, let them cool for a few minutes, and enjoy!

2 comments:

keri beth said...

i make these cookies all the time!! they are so quick and easy. i got the recipe from john's sister, they are wheat intolerant and they can have these! since you aren't a pb fan, you may not like it, but they are extra good with pb chips in them too!

kristena marie said...

Whoa! These are so simple. How have I never heard of them before??? :) Seriously. Thanks for sharing your recipe! I'll definitely be making them ASAP. :D