Monday, March 23, 2009

Menu Plan Monday

The last two menu weeks were uninspiring to say the least.  I did not plan very well and am thankful that my family ended up being fed as well as they were!  I am picking up speed again, cleaning, organizing, and feeling like cooking!  I am excited about these next two weeks in which I am adventurously hoping to try more new recipes than I usually do.

Oh, by the way, I tried something new this morning that I’m definitely going to do again.  It was so successful that I want to share it with you!  I was trying to think of a creative way to use some leftover waffles that had been left out and had gotten hard (one of the disadvantages of living in such a dry climate).  I decided to try making French toast waffles.  I mixed up egg and milk as usual, dipped the hard waffles into the mixture, let them sit for a while to get soft, and cooked them on my griddle like I would cook normal French toast.  They turned out so yummy!  Little Man and I enjoyed them with jam and syrup respectively, and Benjamin wants to get in on eating them next time.

Anyway, on to the menu!

M: Power version of Swedish Meatballs (doubling the meat balls to freeze some for later).  I’m also planning on making a triple batch of banana bread today and some bran muffins.  We will eat some and freeze most for future breakfasts and snacks.

T: Pappardelle with Spinach-Mushroom Sauce (a yummy sounding new recipe I found in a cook book I picked up second hand).

W: Soup Potluck at small group

Th: Chicken with 40 cloves of garlic (a new recipe that I’m simultaneously excited and nervous about!), wild rice, and steamed carrots

F: Chicken cacciatore (cook sauce and chicken in crock pot)

S: I’ll ask Benjamin to cook since I’m going to be judging for the 4-H speech competition all morning (he is an amazing cook!).


Su: Leftovers or TBD

M: Chicken Enchilada casserole (a new recipe from my mother-in-law; my husband loves it, so I’m looking forward to good results) and salad

T: Grilled Chicken, rice noodles with satay (peanut) sauce, and vegetables

W: TBD

Th: Stew and rolls (make double batch and use the extras for the next  day’s sandwiches)

F: Portobello French dips (made in the crock pot with a venison roast)

S: pasta of Benjamin’s choice or leftovers

Su: TBD

More Menu Plan Monday

No comments: