Sunday, December 21, 2008

Last Week's Parade of Projects

I got a lot of sewing projects done last week. Even some that weren't really important to finish.

Like this cute quilted tote bag. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it yet. I have to feel out a few people's opinions about it before I decide. hehe. ; ) I used up the last of my beloved chocolate brown vintage flower fabric while making it.
Here it is reversed. I worked hard to make the pocket look like that. ; ) There are a few minor design glitches in the tote, but overall, I like it very much.
I also made another tote bag for myself. I love the chunky, loosely woven fabric, and I've been wanting to buy some and use it for a couple of years now. I was excited to finally find something to use it on. I love the way it looks contrasting with the chocolate brown embroidered fabric.
These two tote bags were inspired by me making a tote bag of the same chocolate brown and loosely woven brown as a Christmas gift for one of my good friends. I was delighted to see that I had so much extra fabric and went to town on making tote bags. ; )
I also made a simple, more short person friendly baby sling out of the heavy, embroidered chocolate brown fabric. (I think I have close up photos of it way back in September because I used the same fabric for my bedroom curtains; I liked it so much I had to get more!) I think that the sling could be even a few inches shorter, and I think I'll alter it again. Unfortunately, Little Man seems to have outgrown his super-clingy stage. Oh, well, I can use it with Baby.
This is a clever idea that I got from one of my bloggy friend's pictures of her projects. She posted a link to a pattern, but I like making my own. Here's the result:
Like the tote bag, it has a few glitches, but it did turn out cute. I'm looking forward to filling it and giving it to Little Man for Christmas. I'm anticipating at least a couple of quieter Sundays at church due in part to entertainment from this handy little project.

See how nicely it folds up? It's compact and portable. I'm thinking about maybe trying to make and sell some of these (or variations on it) to sell at local craft fairs next year.

Tomorrow I am going to work on cleaning up the grand project and unfolded-laundry mess in my dinging and living rooms. Maybe I'll post "before" and "after photos to motivate me. Or maybe not since I don't know if I want to be quite that humble.

2 comments:

Robert Sagor said...

The second tote is so cute, it's well worth the extra effort!

stitching under oaks said...

all your projects are great! Love the fabrics you chose. Nicely done!