Wednesday, December 10, 2008

I'm back!

I'm home! And I'm oh, so glad to be here even though I truly enjoyed our trip. There is nothing like being able to sleep in your own bed and cook in your own kitchen...

But we really had a delightful time visiting my husband's parents. All three of his siblings were able to come too, so it was a large, noisy, and generally fun family gathering.

My in-laws had so much fun spoiling the two grandbabies, smothering them in kisses (my mother-in-law) and reading the "special" version of The Pokey Little Puppy to them (my father-in-law).

It was the first time the two little people were together. Little Man is about five months older than his cousin, and they soon became fast friends.

They played together, shouted to each other from their separate rooms at nap time, explored together, and kept us all entertained together.

They even expressed interest in the same people and things. Here they are admiring my husband's guitar playing.

My sisters-in-law and I had fun cooking with our mother-in-law, shopping, laughing, entertaining babies, and playing games with the guys.

We enjoyed going miniature golfing as a group with everyone, exchanging Christmas gifts, eating at Einstein Brothers for breakfast (while the babies were cared for by Nonnie and Grandpa), and so much more. It was a relaxing though exhausting good time! ; )

Now I have come home to recover but find myself busier than ever blogging, preparing for our Church's Christmas program, attending musical events (and maybe playing in one of them), addressing envelopes and mailing Christmas CDs, baking and delivering cookies, making my parents gift--not to mention normal things like cleaning, grocery shopping, cooking, eating, and sleeping. ; ) But that's all right. After all, Christmas only comes once a year, and I can always catch up on sleep in January...maybe...

1 comment:

Raise Them Up said...

Looks like a wonderful family! welcome back. :)