Friday, November 14, 2008

Butterscotch Apple Crisp

Can you tell I'm loving butterscotch morsels right now? ; ) This is my latest kitchen adventure. I did an Amelia Bedilia (sp?) on this one...a little of this and a little of that, a pinch of this and a pinch of that...just using what I had in the cabinet. Anyway, here's my newest recipe (I'm excited that I actually remembered what I put in it so that I can write down the recipe!)

Update after eating it (I had to hurry and write it down so I wouldn't forget): it was really sweet. I think next time I will try four apples, a larger baking dish, and adding an extra tablespoon of four to the apples. Maybe I'll add a little more cinnamon to complement the apples too. Nobody really complained, though. ; )

Butterscotch Apple Crisp

Mix:
1/3 cup flour
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
pinch of salt

Add and rub in until crumbly:
1/4 cup butter
Stir in:
1/3 cup butterscotch morsels
1/4 cup sliced almonds (or any other nut you like, to taste)
Set crumble topping aside and slice two granny smith apples into a bowl.
Add to the apples:
1 tablespoon flour
3 tablespoons brown sugar
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon

Arrange apples in a small baking dish. Sprinkle crumble topping evenly over the apples. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes, until crumble topping is golden and butterscotch morsels look melty (they won't look as melty as chocolate chips, though).

Enjoy!
P.S. ARG. I can't get blogger to do the spacing right tonight, so I'm just going to give up and go to bed.

No comments: